Our preschool program, which starts with our three-year-olds, provides a full-day developmentally appropriate experiences designed to advance the cognitive, language, emotional, and motor skills of each child.
The daily routine includes:
- A balance of teacher-directed, as well as child-initiated activities.
- Facilitating the growth of independent decision-making, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills.
- Providing children with frequent opportunities to express themselves creatively through music, movement, art, and scientific exploration.
- Teachers providing frequent opportunities for students to develop emerging literacy and numerical concepts.
- Reserving a block of time for outdoor activity each day.
- Participation in a physical education, music and art. All are taught by Lower School Specials Teachers.
The interests, feelings, and individuality of each child and family are valued and respected. Parents are encouraged to take an active part in their child's school life. In addition to attending two conferences a year, parents are invited to volunteer in various capacities and are encouraged to attend classroom functions throughout the year.